Tuesday, February 21, 2006

What To Tell The Children by digby I think it's ...

What To Tell The Children by digby I think it's ...: "What To Tell The Children

by digby

I think it's time to assess what we've learned from this business of the vice president getting drunk and shooting an old man in the face.

First, I think we can all agree that it's unseemly for the press to question their leaders when they shoot people. Unless the story involves an official's sexual practices, his private life is nobody's business.

Second, the president has officially delegated all of his most important functions to the vice-president. Good to know.

The third and most most important lesson I take from this is that what matters most in a aituation like this are the feelings of the shooter. I think the president said it best:



'This is a man who likes the outdoors and he likes to hunt. And he heard a bird flushed and he turned and pulled the trigger and saw his friend get wounded,' Bush said.

'And it was a deeply traumatic moment for him and, obviously, it was a tragic moment for Harry Whittington. And so I thought his explanation was a very strong and powerful explanation, and I'm satisfied with the explanation he gave.'

Bush took issue with criticism that disclosure of the incident fueled perception of a secretive White House: 'I think people are making the wrong conclusion about a t"

No comments: